Businesses that would like to hire or transfer workers from overseas need to be approved by the Department of Home Affairs as a Standard Business Sponsor (SBS) to sponsor employees under the TSS visa (Temporary Skill Shortage visa or 482 visa).
Sponsoring your employees on a Standard Business Sponsorship
There are three steps to sponsoring an employee under the TSS visa / 482 visa scheme on a Standard Business Sponsorship:
- Standard Business Sponsorship approval: Businesses legally operating in Australia or Overseas can apply to become Standard Business Sponsors. Which can be a sole trader, partnership, company, unincorporated association etc.
- Nomination approval: Once you have become a SBS you can apply for approval to nominate an occupation to be filled by a prospective employee or a 482 visa holder.
- 482 visa approval: The last step in the process is and once the nomination has been approved the employee applies for approval of their 482 visa.
Requirements to apply for a Standard Business Sponsorship?
The following are the key requirements which must be satisfied in order for a business to be approved as a standard business sponsor under the TSS visa (482 visa) scheme. There are other requirements depending on individual circumstances however these are the key relevant requirements for most businesses:
- The business must be lawfully operating.
- If the business is lawfully operating a business in Australia, the business satisfies conditions and must pay the Skilling Australian Funds levy.
- The business must make certain declarations on the form and meet sponsorship obligations.
As part of our services, we will assess the eligibility of the application for a standard business sponsorship agreement and provide you with detailed advice on your business’ chances of success.
When our services are engaged, we will guide you through the entire process, from collating and gathering the required documents, preparing your application, liaising with the Department of Home Affairs and relevant third parties as necessary and finally, lodging the application. We can also assist in the event that the Department requests further information or the circumstances of your business change.
As soon as an outcome is received, you will be notified and reminded of your obligations as a sponsor moving forward.