This visa allows migrant students who have completed at least 2 years of study in Australia to live and work in the country for between 18 months and 4 years.
Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485
International students who recently graduated from an accredited Australian institute (minimum 2 years of the course) and willing to study further can apply for Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485. This visa aims to give an extended stay in Australia to the overseas students after their studies to work and study further which boosts your chance to become eligible for skilled or permanent resident visa. The Temporary Graduate Visa 485 is available for 18 months to maximum 4 years depending on an individual’s circumstances and eligibility. Further this Visa has two streams:
- Post-study work stream (two to four years)
- Graduate work stream (18 months)
The Graduate Stream: For international students with an eligible qualification who graduate with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation MLTSSL. A visa in this stream is granted for 18 months from the date of grant.
The Post-Study Work Stream: This stream is only available to students who applied for, and were granted, their first student visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011. International students who graduate with a higher education degree from an Australian education provider, regardless of their field of study, may be eligible. A visa in this stream can be granted for up to four years from the date the visa is granted, depending on the visa applicant’s qualification.
Applicants in this stream must obtain a positive skills assessment in their occupation.
Visa Eligibility Criteria:
They meet the following requirements of the 485 Visa Australia formally known as Temporary Graduate:
- Is less than 50 years of age
- Must have an eligible Australian visa
- Must have recently completed education from a CRICOS-registered institute in Australia
- Qualification must be relevant to a job on the list that is considered as skilled occupation or Graduate Work stream, or, must have obtained the Post-Study Work stream
The Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485 lets you live, study and work for unlimited hours in Australia and it has an attached travel facility to it which lets you travel in and out of Australia for any number of times. This visa intends to let the international students gain work experience in Australia post studies to improve the chances of permanent residence. With this visa one can stay in the country for a specific period of time:
- One can stay for 18 months with this visa for the graduate work stream and;
- For the Post-Study Work stream, one can stay for 2 to 4 years more if she/he has the visa.
WHAT ARE THE 485 VISA REQUIREMENTS?
An individual can be eligible to apply for Temporary Graduate Visa 485 if they fulfill the following conditions of this visa:
- Have completed at least 2 years of education in Australia from a CRICOS-registered institute
- Be able to fulfill character and health requirements
- Must enroll in Australian Health Insurance policy
- Any family member included in the application must also fulfill the health and character requirements